Pursuant to section 88 of the 1999 constitution of Federal Republic Of Nigeria [as amended], The House Committee on Environment and Habitat is holding a public hearing on 19 and 20th September, 2017.
The bills that are schedule for public hearing are:
19th September, 2017
· A bill for an act to amend National Environmental Standard and Regulations Enforcement Agency, NESREA [establishment] Act, CAP 164 law of the Federation of Nigeria to provide for and adopt clean air policies and for related matter, 2017.
· A bill for an act to regulate the disposal of waste by industries on companies; prohibiting environmental pollution; prescribe penalties against offenders, and for other related matters, 2016.
· A bill for an act to amend the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency [establishment, etc] Act, 2006 and for related matters.
20th September, 2017
A bill for an act for the establishment of Erosion Control and Prevention Commission and vest it responsibilities for prevention, control, management and redress of erosion and for other related matters.
· A bill for an act to establish Desertification, Erosion, Flood and Ecological Control Agency and for other matters connected therewith.
· A bill for act to provide for the establishment of the Institute of Environmental Practitioners of Nigeria to be charged with the responsibility of regulating and managing environmental practices of Nigeria and for related matters.
Based on these, Environmental Health Officers Association of Nigeria call on all practitioners to avail themseklve with the bill and makes necessary inputs.